Written by: TrainSim-James
In response to your important feedback on a variety of add-ons available for Train Simulator 2018, we have today released an update for the Virgin Trains First Generation Pack.
Here’s a list of what has been addressed:
- Corrected English, French & German spelling and grammatical issues in the manuals
- Corrected French and German spelling and grammatical issues in the scenarios
BR Class 47/8
- Fixed an issue where the wiper blade would disappear
- Fixed an issue where the controls on back wall of the cab were inoperable
BR Class 43 ‘HST’
- Corrected the default brake position when starting from ‘Notch 1’ to ‘Full Service’
- Corrected a texture issue with the tail lights
- Corrected the speedometer needle
- Corrected the Mk3 bogie run sounds
- Corrected the volume of the engine noise
- Fixed an issue where there was an odd black line above each external door
- Fixed an issue where the ‘AWS Fault’ light would illuminate incorrectly
- Removed the ATP start-up sounds when placing the reverser into forward
- Improved performance of the HST when running as AI
If you own the Virgin Trains First Generation Pack, the update will download automatically from Steam. If you have any problems/queries with regard to the update, leave a comment below or submit a ticket to our support site where our Support Team will be ready to assist.
If you do not yet own the Virgin Trains First Generation Pack, now is the perfect time to pick it up and experience the early years of privatisation!
The Virgin Trains First Generation Pack update will be approximately 24 MB in size.
No Updated Content? Steam File Verify
In the unlikely event that Steam fails to update the Add-Ons listed in the article, you’ll need to perform a file verify and ensure Steam provisions your installation properly. Follow the instructions listed at this link to perform a file verify to reset your installation to default. Note that this process can take some time to complete and, if you have a high number of Add-Ons, we’d recommend you do this overnight.
If you find that after the file verify has completed, you are confident you have not received the update, please contact our Support Team by submitting a ticket to our support site where someone will assist you directly ■