Written by: TrainSim-James
In response to your important feedback, today we have released an update to Train Simulator to address issues with the Steam Workshop integration and the User Interface, details of which can be found below.
- Fixed an issue where scenarios and routes would not download from the Steam Workshop
- Fixed an issue where scenarios and routes could not be uploaded to the Steam Workshop
- Removed the upload size limitation on the Steam Workshop
- Steam Workshop should now be back online and ready to use for all players
- We’re working separately with Valve to address the overlapping text issue (Steam Workshop filter list) and will update you when we have more news
TS2016 User interface
- Fixed an issue where text on the F1 Task List was difficult to read
- Fixed an issue where the Workshop tab of the Drive menu wouldn’t show the required content for a scenario
- Fixed an issue where a ghost pop-up would appear after clicking ‘Drive’
- Fixed an issue where the Terms & Conditions could not be read
- Fixed an issue where the background would lose focus after closing the Registration screen
- Fixed an issue where a pop up referring to the Academy was pointing to the wrong place
- Fixed an issue where the text would be missing from the debrief screen
- Fixed an issue where loading images would not feature the ‘spinning’ icon
- Various fixes for Russian-speaking players
- Improved the Graphic settings sliders and confirmation screen
- Removed the three social media buttons from the loading screen
The TS2016 Steam Workshop & UI update will download automatically from Steam. If you have any problems/queries with regard to the update, leave a comment below or submit a ticket to our support site where our Support Team will be ready to assist.
The TS2016 Steam Workshop & UI update will be approximately 35 MB in size.
No Updated Content? Steam File Verify
In the unlikely event that Steam fails to update the Add-Ons listed in the article, you’ll need to perform a file verify and ensure Steam provisions your installation properly. Follow the instructions listed at this link to perform a file verify to reset your installation to default. Note that this process can take some time to complete and, if you have a high number of Add-Ons, we’d recommend you do this overnight.
If you find that after the file verify has completed, you are confident you have not received the update, please contact our Support Team by submitting a ticket to our support site where someone will assist you directly ■