Written by: TrainSim-Steve
Today we’ve made our next test build update for Train Sim World (Build #64) available for you to test. As we have for the previous test builds, please try this through the weekend, and if positive we’ll apply the patch to the main game early next week. We’d like to give a big thank you to all of you who have consistently and constructively offered your feedback and encouragement over the last few weeks.
Here are the items addressed in Build #64 (items from the previous update have been rolled into this build):
- Keyboard Remapping is now supported, allowing you to remap keys as you wish.
- You are now able to change the opacity of the centre dot using CTRL + 5 (0%, 50%, 100%).
- This build contains a number of general optimisation improvements.
- Optimised concurrency settings to engine audio.
- Optimised concurrency of audio tracks being played because of running sounds.
- All major issues with Load/Save should now be resolved.
- The air brake system has been extensively overhauled and should now match the real world very closely.
- Fixed the chain animation on the SD40-2 so that it now animates in sync with the brake cylinder.
- The End of Train Device now flashes correctly.
- Fixed the issue that prevented the AC4400CW from being shut down using the emergency cut-off switch.
- Adjusted speed limits on two troublesome signals at Sand Patch Summit to resolve a number of speed limit related issues in scenarios.
- The centre dot no longer reverts when using the map.
- Addressed the final objectives in Cumberland Charge to improve the flow of the scenario.
- Fixed the broken consist in Ice and Snow.
- The Voice Over should now pause when the game is paused.
- Track joint audio has been improved with additional mixing/filtering as per customer feedback.
- Dynamic Brake audio has been improved with additional mixing/filtering as per customer feedback.
- Compressor Pressure Relief Valve audio added to the AC4400CW as per customer feedback.
- Fixed the road vehicle audio that would continue consuming system resources despite being out of range.
- There are still some very minor, non-game breaking, issues remaining such as rain effects not being saved.
The Train Sim World update is available for you to test on Steam. To subscribe to the Update 4.5 Test Build, follow these instructions:
Subscribing to Test Builds
- Load Steam and navigate to your Game Library.
- Right-click on Train Sim World: CSX Heavy Haul and select Properties.
- Select the Betas Tab and from the drop-down box, select u4.5tb from the list.
- Click Close and Steam will automatically begin to download the update.
- It’s important that you share your feedback with us, you can do this below on the Steam forums or by submitting tickets to our Support Team.
The Train Sim World Update 4.5 Test Build will be approximately 290 MB in size ■