Written by: TrainSim-James
The RhB Enhancement Pack 02, featuring the classic Ge 4/4 ii locomotive, is Out Now!
Take to the unrelenting grades of the Arosa Line aboard the distinctive RhB 4/4 ii, which is represented authentically in Thomson Interactive’s new RhB Enhancement Pack 02!
Built between the 1970s and 1980s, the RhB 4/4 ii electric locomotive was designed for mixed-traffic work across the RhB network, replacing older motive power which was no longer up to then-modern standards. The new locomotives represented large power in small packages, many lines are mountainous in Switzerland, traversing the Alps while clinging to valley edges and navigating tunnels and viaducts; without struggle, the Ge 4/4 ii fleet could work passenger and freight, at speeds up to 90 km/h – not bad for a locomotive barely exceeding 40ft in length!
A total of 23 RhB Ge 4/4 ii locomotives were built, each named after a town served by the sprawling Rhaetian Railway network, and today some are resplendent in commemorative liveries which celebrate various anniversaries related to the RhB. And, thanks to refurbishment keeping them up to standard, they are all still in service today, working in tandem with the RhB fleet.
In Train Simulator, the RhB Enhancement Pack 02 brings the Ge 4/4 ii to life, along with new passenger and freight rolling stock which can be quickly put to good use in the included Career scenarios on the Arosa Line; where you learn how to drive the locomotive, before going to work on the unforgettable grades that the Alps have to offer.
And, to top it all off, the Arosa Line is currently 50% off to celebrate the arrival of the RhB Enhancement Pack 02, available now for Train Simulator! Head to the Store and save on this stunning route!
RhB Enhancement Pack 02 – Key Features
- Ge 4/4 II Locomotive in red RhB livery with correct body side crests for all numbers 611 to 633
- Quick Drive consists compatible with the Arosa and Albula Line routes
- Dynamic animated pantographs compatible with the Arosa and Albula Line routes
- Automatic detection of locomotive multiple mode and correct selection of pantograph pairs for player and AI trains
- Speed select and automatic power cut-off for cabin control wheel
- Manual control of locomotive fans (Blowers)
- Opening cabin door and windows with dynamic audio levels
- Three officially licensed RhB liveries for locomotives 620, 623 and 627
- Pre-refurbishment Baggage Coach
- Haik-v type Sliding Door Wagon
- EWI AB and B Coaches
- Three position passenger view for the EWI B coach
- Seasonal timed operation of internal light dimming for all coaches
- Random window animation on a per coach basis viewable externally and internally with “weather & time intelligence”
- Rain effects
- Three Career scenarios for the Arosa Line route
- [GE 4-4 ii 627 Chur Arosa] Locomotive Tutorial
- [Ge 4/4 ii 623 125 Jahre] Christmas Special to Arosa
- [Ge 4/4 ii RhB] Autumn Evening Descent
The RhB Enhancement Pack 02 is available now for Train Simulator, head to the Store for more details! ■