Purchase From Steam
This content requires the base game Train Simulator in order to play.
The ÖBB 1044 electric locomotive was built by ELIN, Siemens Mobility, Brown, Boveri & Cie. and Simmering-Graz-Pauker in the mid-1970s as a powerful solution to Austria’s challenging rail network, being able to haul heavy freight or bustling passenger services anywhere…
Developed by: Skyhook
The ÖBB 1044 electric locomotive was built by ELIN, Siemens Mobility, Brown, Boveri & Cie. and Simmering-Graz-Pauker in the mid-1970s as a powerful solution to Austria’s challenging rail network, being able to haul heavy freight or bustling passenger services anywhere from heaving cities to rural mountain passes with ease. With such a wide range of possibility, the ÖBB 1044 quickly became the backbone of the Austrian Federal Railways (ÖBB) fleet and would remain so until the turn of the 21st Century.
Such a variety of operations was possible thanks to the powerful 6,710 hp motors, these delivered well over 200 kN of tractive effort to the bogies of the ÖBB 1044 making them the most powerful 4 axle electric locomotives in the world. Following modifications to the intake vents to ensure reliability in the harsher winter months, the ÖBB 1044 was unstoppable in its power and network wide accessibility.
The ÖBB 1044 continued on as the backbone of the Austrian Federal Railways fleet until the year 2000, by which time a batch of Siemens EuroSprinter locomotives were ordered to assist and eventually replace them. Instead of scrapping the locomotives, they were sent to be converted into ÖBB 1144 locomotives, built for regional push-pull passenger services. The heritage behind the classic ÖBB 1044 is not only continued by the 1144s, but also the prototype which was preserved in its original form at the Railway Museum in Strasshof in 2002.
The 1044 for Train Simulator includes liveries with both old and new ÖBB logo designs and Hbbills freight wagons.
- ÖBB 1044 in ÖBB ‘New’ Logo Design Livery
- ÖBB 1044 in ÖBB ‘Old’ Logo Design Livery
- Hbbills Freight Wagons in a Variety of appropriate Liveries
- Functioning SiFa and PZB 90 (Indusi)
- Functioning VSoll speed control
- Dynamic braking
- Cab and instrument lighting
- Quick Drive compatible
- Scenarios for the Semmeringbahn – Mürzzuschlag to Gloggnitz route (Available Separately)
- Download size: 130.7mb
- Includes six scenarios for Semmeringbahn – Mürzzuschlag to Gloggnitz:
- Introduction to the ÖBB 1044 Locomotive
- Freight Across The Pass
- Picking Up The Pieces
- Regional Express – Gloggnitz – Mürzzuschlag
- Regional Service – Payerbach – Mürzzuschlag
- Regional Service – Semmering – Payerbach
- Winter Regional Service – Payerbach – Mürzzuschlag
- The pack also features a tutorial for TS Academy
- OS: Windows® 7 / 8.1
- Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB - 1GB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 40 GB HD space
- Sound: Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Other Requirements: Broadband Internet connection
- Additional: Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos
- Graphics: Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required