Purchase From Steam
This content requires the base game Train Simulator in order to play.
Classics Range The Classics Range features a selection of must-have products at value for money prices from the TS back catalogue. Acela! It is America’s fastest train, and one of its most successful. Operating over Amtrak’s electrified Northeast Corridor between…
Developed by: Dovetail Games
Acela! It is America’s fastest train, and one of its most successful. Operating over Amtrak’s electrified Northeast Corridor between Boston, New York City, Philadelphia, and Washington, D. C., at speeds up to 150 mph, the Acela carries more than 3 million passengers a year.
Amtrak’s Acela high-speed trains, built by Bombardier and introduced to service in 2000, are powered by two stylish but burly (to meet U. S. crash standards) electric power cars, each weighing 200,000 pounds, delivering 6,169 horsepower, and equipped with advanced A. C. traction. Between the two power cars, the standard Acela consist is six cars, five coaches (one configured for first class and four as business class) and a mid-train café car. The coaches of the Acela, but not its power cars, are equipped for tilt operations.
Now a decade-and-a-half into their service careers, Amtrak’s 20 stylish Acela train sets continue to set the standard for both speed and comfort on the busy Northeast Corridor and typically carry upwards of 15,000 travelers each weekday.
Returning to Train Simulator in an enhanced edition including improved operating characteristics and a passenger view, the Acela delivers exciting opportunities for high-speed railroading on two popular Train Simulator routes, the NEC: New York – New Haven route and the recently remastered and re-released Northeast Corridor route between New York City’s Penn Station and Philadelphia’s 30th Street Station.
Equipped with authentic cab signaling capabilities and the passenger-car tilt-feature which allows the train to smoothly navigate curves along its route, the Acela brings the best of American high-speed railroading to Train Simulator!
The Acela includes three career scenarios for the [url=http://store.steampowered.com/app/258643]NEC: New York – New Haven[/url] route and five career scenarios for the [url=http://store.steampowered.com/app/65232]Northeast Corridor: New York – Philadelphia[/url] route (available separately):
Scenarios for Northeast Corridor: New York – Philadelphia:
- Business Bullet
- Acela from Phili
- Acela Express
- Silver Star
- Acela from the Apple
Scenarios for NEC: New York – New Haven:
- Acela Express to Washington
- Express to Stamford
- First train to Stamford
More scenarios are available on Steam Workshop online and in-game. Train Simulator’s Steam Workshop scenarios are free and easy to download, adding many more hours of gameplay. With scenarios being added daily, why don’t you check it out now![url=http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=24010]Click here for Steam Workshop scenarios.[/url] Key Features
- Complete Acela consist, including Bombardier 6,169 horsepower power car, first-class and business-class coaches, and café car.
- Authentic tilt features
- Passenger view
- Challenging career scenarios for the NEC: New York-New Haven and Northeast Corridor: New York – Philadelphia routes
- Quick Drive compatible
- OS: Windows® 7 / 8.1
- Processor: 2.8 GHz Core 2 Duo (3.2 GHz Core 2 Duo recommended), AMD Athlon MP (multiprocessor variant or comparable processors)
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB - 1GB with Pixel Shader 3.0 (AGP PCIe only)
- DirectX®: 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 40 GB HD space
- Sound: Direct X 9.0c compatible
- Other Requirements: Broadband Internet connection
- Additional: Quicktime Player is required for playing the videos
- Graphics: Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required